1. Who should attend the Convention? What should I expect from the Convention?
Ans: This workshop is for and not limited to ,
- System Trading Enthusiasts
- Seasoned System Traders
- Traders/Investors who wish to know more about Algo Trading
- Participants who would like to improvise their systems and get better understanding on their own systems
- Delegates from various exchanges who would like to understand Algo Trading and how it gets done in India.
- Technical Analysts who want to venture into Algo Trading.
- Participants interested in Rule based Fundamental Analysis.
- Students who wish to learn and experiment with Algo Trading and Quantitative Finance.
- Machine Learning Enthusiasts.
You can expect to
- Share / discuss trading systems, ideas on system improvements.
- Hear talks on Equities/Derivatives/options/Commodities and Trading Discipline.
- Get to meet people which constitute the ecosystem of Algo Trading /Quant Trading in India.
- Learn from the experts in the field , people who are managing funds and/or products professionally.
- Network with relevant professionals
2. What all does 1 ticket to the convention include?
- Introduction to Algo Trading( Beginners live webcast on 13th April 2019)
- Residential Event , Algo Convention on 20th-21st April 2019 www.algoconvention.com.
- e-AlgoConvention(India's first virtual Convention of International speakers on 27th April 2019) www.e-algoconvention.com.
- Accommodation for 1 participant for 1 night / 2 days on double occupancy basis.
- All meals for 20th April and 21st April, excluding dinner on 21st April 2019.
- To and Fro transfer from Mumbai Airport (Domestic) to Convention Venue via Luxury Bus.
- Access to recorded sessions of Algo Convention & e-Algo Convention till May 31, 2019(Subject to respective speakers approval).
3. Can one attend the convention on non twin-sharing /single occupancy basis? What will be the rate for the same?
Yes , one can opt for single occupancy @novotel by paying Rs. 5000/- (plus 18% GST) above applicable ticket price.
4. What if I cannot attend the Convention in person, what option do I have? What is the pricing?
If you cannot attend the Convention in person, you have an option of attending it ONLINE.
Both Algo Convention and e-Algoconvention are available ONLINE at a rate of Rs. 13,990/- (inclusive of 18% Tax). If you are a foreign national , same is available for USD 199/-.
Once you subscribe for Online option, you get access to recorded sessions of Algo Convention & e-Algo Convention till May 31, 2019(Subject to respective speakers approval).
5. What is Algo Primer?
Primer Algo Convention is a series of 3 webinars beginning at 10 A.M. on 13th April 2019 of 2 hours each. This is for people who are new to the world of algorithmic and systematic trading. It would cover topics like :
- Introduction to Algorithmic Trading
- Difference between High, Medium and Low Frequency Algorithms
- Types of Algos
- Types of Strategies : Trend-Following, Mean-Reversion, Statistical Arbitrage, Event-Based
- Defining a system for trading or investing
- Role of Back-Testing a strategy
- Key Parameters while selecting a system
- Introduction to Amibroker,
- Basic AFL Coding,
- Screener, Explorer,
- Creating Custom Indicators,
- Process of designing a systematic Trading System
6. At what time will the bus for the venue leave on 20th April and from where?
Bus will leave for NOVOTEL , Khopoli from Santacruz domestic airport sharp at 7.15am on 20th April2019. Participants coming from outside Mumbai may want to make sure that they land on or before 6.45 am to be able to avail the bus services.
7. At what time the bus leave from the venue on Sunday 21st April and where shall it drop?
Bus will leave from NOVOTEL , Khopoli to Santacruz domestic airport sharp at 5.15pm on 21st April 2019.Participants who need to leave Mumbai via flight, may want to make sure that they book flights post 9.45 pm.
8. What help can I get on accommodation if I land in Mumbai 1 day prior to the convention?
There are many Hotels available near Santacruz Airport in various categories…
Luxury premium Hotels: Sahara Star, The Lalit, Taj Santacruz, The Orchid
Premium Hotels : Parle International, Hotel Transit, Hotel Bawa International.
Budget Hotels can be found on OYO rooms, Athithi, Hotel Rama Krishna, Hotel Lake Bloom Residency.